Our returns and refunds policy always meets and sometimes exceeds the requirements of Australian Consumer Law. Under Australian Consumer Law, most products and services bought in Australia (from 1 January 2011) come with an ‘automatic consumer guarantee’ that the product you purchased will work and do what it says it will.
When am I entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund?
You are entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund if a product does not meet one or more of the consumer guarantees. Products must:
- be of acceptable quality
- match descriptions made by our salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
- be fit for the purpose we told you it would be fit for
- come with full title and ownership
- not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- meet any extra promises made about performance, condition, and quality, such as lifetime guarantees, and money-back offers
- have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.
Our aim is to provide products of the highest quality and standard. In the unfortunate event you receive a faulty or damaged product, please notify Global Paddler within 14 days of receipt.
In order to initiate a warranty claim, we require the following details.
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your receipt for purchase showing purchase date
- Your reason for returning the product
- Photographic or physical evidence of any visible issues with the product
Once these details are received by Global Paddler, they will be assessed to confirm warranty eligibility. If it is deemed eligible, an email will be sent to you with further instructions.
Warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects in the original product and warranty periods vary according to the product. Faulty products will be either replaced or refunded. Global Paddler does not repair or pay for the repair of faulty items.
Damage or faults occurring from fair wear and tear, improper use, failing to follow instructions, failure to follow care and maintenance instructions, accidental damage, commercial use, alterations, severe weather events, and animal damage are not covered by warranty.
When am I not entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund?
We can refuse to give you a free repair, replacement or refund if:
- you simply changed your mind
- you misused the product in a way that contributed to the problem
- you are unable to provide proof of purchase.
We will accept ‘change of mind’ returns if:
- you return the product to us at 80B Faulkner Road, Wyrallah NSW 2480 within 14 days of purchase either by post or in person
- all postage and handling costs associated with sending and returning the product are paid by you
- the product is in brand new condition
- the product is not a factory second item.
Please ensure that posted products are sufficiently wrapped to prevent any damage as products not returned in perfect condition will be unable to be accepted for a refund.
Global Paddler does not repair or pay for the repair of faulty items.
Replacements and refunds
When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for a replacement or refund.
Replaced products will be similar to the original product.
Refunds will be the same amount you paid and given to you in the same form as your original payment.
When processing a replacement or refund, we can take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product, and consider the following factors:
- the type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
What is a major problem?
A product has a major problem when:
- it would stop someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it’s unsafe
- it’s significantly different from the sample or description
- it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for, and can’t easily be fixed.
Damaged in transit
If an item arrives damaged, please notify Global Paddler within 7 days of receipt. Photographic proof of damage to the packaging will be required. We will organise return shipping or replacement at our cost.
Lost in transit
An item is deemed lost in transit if it cannot be tracked by the courier for a week after initially being identified as being missing. Once confirmed missing, a replacement will be sent or a refund organised.
If you have any questions about our returns and refunds policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.